Update: It’s February 2018! Application is now open for 2019 intake 🙂
CHECK THE PROCESS HERE.
Maybe you are looking for career growth and you want to upgrade you skills and broaden your knowledge. Why not study abroad? The New Zealand government is offering a prestigious scholarships for people from developing countries to study in top notch New Zealand universities. You’ll get a chance to study with students and other professionals from around the world, build life-long connections to New Zealand as well as a global network. If you are up to postgraduate level study, try the New Zealand ASEAN Scholarships (NZAS). It seeks to empower individuals with the knowledge, skills and qualifications to contribute to the development of your home country.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE?
As of 2017, the eligible countries are Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. The application can be done online. To learn more about this scholarship, go to https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/scholarships/how-to-apply/
- Filipino citizen residing in the Philippines
- Not more than 40 years old at the start of the scholarship
- Not have citizenship or permanent residence status in New Zealand OR Australia
- Not hold, nor have held in the preceding 2 years, a New Zealand OR Australian government scholarship
- Apply to commence a NEW programme of study
- Apply for a higher-level qualification
- Have at least 2 years work experience relative to chosen career
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of the Philippines
- Can take up the scholarship in the calendar year the scholarship is offered
- Agree to return to the Philippines for 2 years following completion of the scholarship
If you are successful in reaching the shortlist, you will be required to provide the following documentation so get ready with them:
- One of the following:
- Verified copy of passport
- Verified copy of birth certificate
- Verified copy of other official government issued ID
- Verified copies of relevant academic transcripts
- Verified copies of relevant completion certificates
- Contact details of most recent employer and two most relevant other employers (this does not apply to School Leaver applicants)
- A non-verified copy of an IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) or an original copy of a TOEFL test result form, completed in the last 24 months. Native English language speakers will have the opportunity to provide alternative evidence of their proficiency.
The Application for 2019 is now open to Filipinos [February -March 31, 2018].
Break a leg!