Queenstown is well-known for extreme activities (i.e. bungy jumping, sky diving, hang gliding, paragliding, etc). I have chosen to try paragliding this summer and I will never regret it. My friend and I booked from GForce few days before the trip and we were able to get discount. This activity is weather dependent and it was nearly cancelled due to strong wind on our scheduled time. Fortunately, I managed to ask the management if we can do it ahead our schedule and we did it! From the Skyline Gondola, we were brought to a mountain with good view of Queenstown and nearby places.
The experience was superb! It was indeed an amazing 10-15 minutes of my life. Dan, the professional guide, was very awesome and generous to extend the paragliding experience.
WHY I DID IT?
Physical fitness. I still have the energy to do the things that I can possibly at this age so why not? Maybe 10 years later my body will not be as responsive as how it is nowadays so I might as well go for it.
Time. It is summer vacation at university so I can steal time and do things which I cannot do during school days.
New experience. I have always wanted to experience flying in the air to overcome my fear of heights. Few years ago, one of my students showed me his photo paragliding and I thought it was awesome and told myself I’ve got to try it someday–and that someday is this day.
History. A story I can look back on and share to my dear ones today and someday.
WHAT TO EXPECT (GFORCE experience)
- You will have to book in advance and check weather update before and during your schedule.
- You will be weighed. 🙂
- You will be taken to the mountain by car or by foot.
- You MAY be allowed to take photos BEFORE the adventure but you will not be allowed to use any device DURING the paragliding.
- You will be briefed as to what to do and what to expect.
- You will glide and fly!
- While paragliding, the professional guide will talk and talk with you, take photos and videos.
- You will be asked if you are comfortable to do the GForce move (roller coaster experience). I did!
- You ask questions. Communication is a two-way process.
- You will be asked to pay for the photos and video if you want to have it as souvenir.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- You must wear closed in footwear i.e. trainers shoes.
- Dress warmly as the air can be cold once you start flying.
- Max weight is 110kgs & minimum weight requirement is 30kgs
- Photo & video options available for purchase ($50 for video & photo pack)
- The Gondola ride is not included in the price & must be purchased on the day at the Skyline ticket office at the base of the gondola. Cost is $32 for adults & $20 for kids. Alternatively you can hike up the walking track which takes about 45 minutes. Your hand will be stamped once you have checked in which allows you to ride the gondola back to the top for free
- Flight time is weather dependent. Make sure to check the weather update in their site
- Suitable for people of all ages, shapes and sizes (moderate level of fitness and agility required)
- Enjoy the experience
Travel With Me,
👣The Official Traveler