I have never experienced snow in my life until I came to New Zealand. I came from a tropical country in which authentic snow falls are next to impossible. It was a childhood dream to experience snow fight and snow fall at least once in my lifetime. Coming to NZ, I am happy knowing that before I turn XX years, I was able to check another childhood dream in the bucket list.
HOW DOES IT FEEL?
Well, it is superrr cold, slippery when wet, yet fun. However, at some point it may also be annoying for some (if not most) people. I enjoyed playing with my friends who apparently have the same first-time snow experience as me.
We visited Mount Cook and took the Hooker Valley Track. Here are some quick tips:
- It is necessary to wear comfortable outfits and footwear as the paths could be slippery.
- Bring a power bank as it is cold so batteries can be easily drained.
- Sometimes ‘no service’ or ‘no signal’ in the area.
- Stick with family and friends during the hike. When traveling alone, meet new friends :).
- Create memories that lasts a lifetime. BE HAPPY 🙂